View Single Post
Old 2015-03-09, 15:33   Link #37
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Vol 14 is almost done and vol 15 had a lot of volunteers announcing that they were interested. The only reason why you perceive it is non-existent is because they haven't been added to the site.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Also in regards to overseas interest, that is also very bad considering the political climate in the states right now. Mahouka will get shot down as sexist and conservative propaganda. Also LNs in the states is nothing new, you are still that guy with the weird interests.
LNs in the states are nothing new, but I must protest. Up until Yen Press, LNs basically came from either Tokyopop (Trinity Blood and Slayers, I think), Dark Horse (Vampire Hunter D) and little else. And Tokyopop went under.

Political climate in the states be danged. It's always bad for foreign things in the states. (With the exception of cars, and that's because GM was screwing the pooch so badly people got an open mind). My point is that somehow, even with all the factors working against it in a Judeo-Christian Society that considers itself the God-Blessed, greatest nation in the history of the Earth, there remains a company who thinks they can still make money from this. This is a potentially promising indicator about the state of entertainment from Japan, as far as I'm concerned.

And of course I'm still the weird guy. I said "transitioning."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Mahouka is literally one of the most pro-japan suck it-everybody else LN ever and it is HATED by a lot of western people due to incest-undertones and such.

In what universe Yen Press thought this was a good idea?
I don't know if it's so much pro-Japan as it is pro-Tatsuya. Japan's societies aren't portrayed that great compared to others, though the other countries aren't portrayed much at all. And a number of characters are interracial, which shows a more liberal tone than Japanese society (hentai aside).
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote