View Single Post
Old 2015-01-07, 22:04   Link #97
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hang around Twitter a bit like me and Klashikari -- a good chunk of non-player reactions have been varying degrees of "uhm what?"
I've seen quite a few more "I saw this, tried Googling it, and couldn't figure it out" messages in the last eight hours than usual. It greatly resembles the "What is Touhou?" response that often occurs when fanart for that is posted around.

That said, I think the first episode explained the premise well enough (such as it is, considering a nutshell version of "girls who are the souls of ships fight girls from beneath the sea, while wearing weird clothes") and did a clever enough job of dropping in game-related references without poking into their related minutiae.

Not to mention the industry's track record of pulling out widget series in the last few years including Mah Jong Is Serious Business, Girls Have Planes Strapped To Their Legs and No Pants, GIRLS DRIVE TANKS VORRRRRR, Girls Who Are Guns, etc. does make me think that some people are just being confused for the sake of dramatics...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote