View Single Post
Old 2014-11-08, 12:10   Link #4
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This thread is to be used for discussing the entire manga Naruto ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes. What went right, and what went wrong. Pretty much anything you want to say concerning Naruto (though please steer clear of obvious flaming; and try, as always, to be constructive in your criticism above all else)

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:

General impression of the series (Good and/or Bad).
Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices etc.
Thoughts about the general quality of Kishimoto's drawing.
Characters/Character Design.
> Opinions on the overall stories: Good, above expectation I'd say.

The story progressing just like normal shounen manga; introduction, training arc, power-up for main character each time enemies got stronger, etc.
But if you take a look of every detail and reference then connecting it each other, you could find a mechanism and explanation why some events could happen.

I also liked how Kishimoto prove he's planning the plot beforehand, as shown by Naruto and Sasuke last clash.
Part II is clearly all about how they grow up, shaped their ideals then confront each other caused by different ideals in terms of rivalry.

> Kishimoto drawing: Very Good

I like his drawing cause it's neat yet similar to pencil drawing.
As for background, we can see he's good even with industrial-theme city like Amegakure;
Also for Kaguya's skill which seems like referencing environment of classic RPG (with medieval-theme color picture too. LOL).

Sometimes there's error, mostly happens in War arc which involved a lot of details (persons), understandable.
Favorite moment related to art: Naruto and Sasuke challenging Madara RS mode, Kurama and Susanoo brofist in VotE, Susanoo last form after absorbing all Bijuu strength.

> Character / Character Design: Good.

Especially those related specially to Naruto.
Jiraiya, which is the irreplaceable figure, not only for Naruto, but us - reader - also.
Minato and Kushina, parents that worth of respect I've ever seen in anime and manga.
Obito and Nagato; senpais that bravely admit their failure yet become reminder for Naruto to surpass them.

There is also Gaara (I) and Kabuto (II). Which is not hard for us to relate with them and understand how cruel their life before.

His design is simple, but that what makes it good, for example:
Kakashi w/ MS, Pain Deva Path, Kurama Mode, Madara's Susanoo, Sasuke's Last Susanoo, Kabuto Sage Mode, Kaguya.

General Impression: Very Good

^^;
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote