Thread: Licensed World Trigger [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2014-09-29, 18:41   Link #31
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

I'm surprised to find myself looking forward to reading more about how all of this will unfold, but I guess it goes to show you that you can't judge a manga by the first few chapters all the time. World Trigger had been a slow burner but I'm glad it had finally managed to get going post the Miwa/Arashiyama Squad battle, and had kept on getting better. Hopefully it continues on with that trend.
This is pretty much how One Piece/Bleach/Naruto/Hunter x Hunter started out. The first set of chapter were all slow and low-key. However, they were also key to establishing the characters and the scope of the world, which is essential in a long running battle shonen.

Look at the other battle shonens they've been testing out recently. Every single one pretty much dived right in, introducing way too many concepts way too fast. In the end they fizzle out after a few months because the readers lose interest and don't get invested into the world and the characters. World Trigger is the only battle shonen that didn't make this mistake and through a combination of luck and pull somehow didn't get canceled after 2 months.

Once Naruto ends World Trigger world trigger might have a chance to jump in and fill the vacuum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
This series was never popular. Not here, not on mal, not on /a/, dunno about tumbr coz I don't visit that cancer. Manga is still balancing between decent rank and cancelation-risk.
And now anime is early morning show with shitty animation by Toei.
Shit happens.
No scanlations make it pretty hard for most of the western audience to follow.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote