View Single Post
Old 2014-08-28, 20:52   Link #367
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Oh, you're that Heir of the Void. I've been reading your works since I found your Arpeggio of Blue Steel fic on Fanfic do net. I am quite impressed so far with Creature of Shadow. Really liking how Tomohisa Kaname goes badass and hoping Homura will play a major role in the war on Incubators.

Still, one thing I have to say: I hope your inclusion of that Seraph mech doesn't foreshadow it becoming stupidly OP and the "be all and end all of future warfare" like some mecha become. Really starts to irritate me, IDK, maybe I can't willingly suspend disbelief enough, but in truth, the human body is about the worst design for a vehicle you could think of for most scenarios. Still, in this case, I suspect is is justified by Maria's wish modifying the universe to allow it. Still, I'd like to see more advanced weapons systems for the Creature of Shadow universe, such as fighter jets, tanks, warships etc.

Finally, I hope you don't give up your Gokukoku no Brynhildr fic. I quite like that one as well (Yes, this is the same 119 who commented on SEALs in the Darkness on fanfic.net. Still, I suspect the Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Infinite Stratos fics are dead in the water. Am I correct?
Wow, glad to see a familar face around here. Yes, I am that HotV. I'm glad your enjoyig this story so far, as I've put a lot of thought into it. I had fun turing Madoka's Dad into a badass (or something approaching that), and he's had more screen time in two approaches here than into the entire anime. Next chapter, Kamijou (Violin Boy) gets volunteered into the Japanese Naval Infantry, seting him up for his own adventure. Homura will play a major role in this story, despite the fact that she so darn hard to write.

The Seraphim will not be OP, but it will be a powerful weapons system, perhaps moreso than it has any right to be...

Ahem. That bit of ominous muttering aside, the Seraphim will by no means be the be-all end-all of the human war effort. Fighter Jets, tanks, surface warships, helicopters, and other conventional war machines will be the mainstay of the human war effort. I'm familiar with the problems with mecha as practical war systems, but everything that happens happens for a reason, or, if you prefer, the MST3K mantra.

I'm also working on my Gokukoku no Brynhildr fic, and don't plan on giving up on that. My three areas of focus for right now are Creature of Shadow, SEALs in the Darkness, and Void Wings of Freedom. The others, I'm afraid, are on hiatus. And we all know that means dead.

If you could leave a comment on FF.net, that would be great if its not too much trouble, as one of the nuggets of wisdom my Beta has imparted to me, along with the fact the shipping Madoka characters with (male) OCs tends to piss people off, is that this story needs more reviews to be taken seriously.

Thanks for reading.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote