Thread: Licensed Fairy Tail Zero [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2014-08-18, 21:51   Link #36
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
One of the rules is you can't pick things that both players have in common, e.g. "You have eyes" or "You have a heart". Yuriy guessed "You're in your teens" despite being a teen himself, thus breaking the rule.

I'm actually astounded that Mashima's capable of writing good mind games. We've never gotten anything like this in the main series.
This is because the MC of this series is supposed to be very smart in contrast to our MC's in Fairy Tail who are rather the opposite. I can already tell I'm going to like Mavis's personality a lot, and yes I agree that it is still kind of hard to tell whether or not
Spoiler:

All I am sure of right now is that Mavis is very intelligent. She most likely guessed his age incorrectly on purpose during the trial in order to lull him into thinking that he would win. Also, everything on this island doesn't really say much about her, so I guess that she expects to win. I also wonder if she exhausted the information in the dry run, so that Yuriy, can't make comments about her appearance or anything that he can tell... after all... everything else about the guild... doesn't say anything about her... I have a morbid feeling right now about what might happen in the game...

This is definitely better than the actual right now... but this is only really possible because the history groundwork laid out in Fairy Tail already exists, which changes things. These two chapters wouldn't have been able to give us the same feeling of seeing characters in a different light, and being able to see them go to ruin blah, blah, blah... and we wouldn't have had nearly as good an idea of what was actually going on... so I think Mashima is using this to his advantage... I wonder if this will be his main manga after he finishes fairy tail?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote