View Single Post
Old 2014-05-31, 20:52   Link #95
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I've really got to ask at this point. Why are you still here? If the idea of having a competent and well liked protagonist is that insufferable to you then there's plenty of series out there with a self insert "this loser is you" protagonist who's utter incompetence still manages to get them fame, fortune, or a harem even if it just has to literally fall out of the sky. Or are your complaints becoming a parody at this point?
Why the vitriol? It's not like the light novels is insulted, but rather the anime series, which seems to be struggling in capturing everything in the LNs. I'll let the faithful fans say their complements for Madhouse's efforts, but I still feel that the production team isn't the best team for the job, compared to NGNL, which appears to be doing a better job in portraying the story and imagery of the light novels, and Hunter x Hunter, which is self-explanatory given Episode 131.

I'll probably gonna drop Mahouka eventually. You guys would probably say "good riddance", but the series isn't my cup of tea either.

Just a tip from the LN fans: don't think that "read the LNs" is always a good answer to anyone who is an anime-only viewer. It's clearly moving goalposts when the real issue lies with the problems with the anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.