View Single Post
Old 2014-05-20, 01:04   Link #23
Chris38

Personally, I think that Tatsuya when he fights as 'Shiba Tatsuya' has more then enough limitations in combat.

After all:

- He has his powers sealed by Miyuki, which reduces the amount of psions that he can use ... decreasing his overall combat efficiency. It has also been implied in the novels that this is not the only seal that is placed on Tatsuya ... so we probably haven't seen how strong Tatsuya actually is, without any restrictions placed on him.

- He has to hide the fact that he can 'Flash Cast' and since his artificial magical abilities are pretty low it's a disadvantage against some powerful mages.

- He can't use his natural innate abilities openly, since they are a national secret.

- He has to avoid using abilities that would connect 'Shiba Tatsuya' with 'Mahesvara', which is something that I believe will become more and more pronounced the further we go into the story.

Of course ... some of those limitations are not present when he is fighting as 'Mahesvara', but I believe that the times when we see Tatsuya fighting using this identity are going to decrease, when the awareness of the existence of 'Mahesvara' is going to spread around Japan and outside of it's national borders...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote