View Single Post
Old 2014-04-25, 02:17   Link #81
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
@ BW95
Well first the loop cast sistem is used to cast the same spell faster by copying part of the activation sequence into the magician. Second i don't know how you have a decomposition AoE magic that doesn t target objects in the area (in the context of defending against bullets and missils as tats said).
The aoe decomposition protects him from projectile weapons and other stuff like that, even from effects of the spell like high pressure air, cold air, hot air etc stuff like that(like he did when he stopped lina vs myuki fight with gram dispersion)
But it doesn't help him with protection from spells, because that requires to target the magic sequence it self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
@ IceHism
I don t know what is the diference in the spell to decompose when he decomposes diferent materials. I just read the mangas recently and as when he ko's hattori they say he couldn t have used loop cast to create the compound waves because he needed to use the spell with diferent activation sequences unless he did something even more complex (wich he did) i kind of thought diferent materials equals slighty dif activation sequences.
In his fight with hattori he used loop cast system to launch same spell tree times.
That spell was a simple oscillation magic, the difference was that the oscillations the spell produced were not set as constants(meaning producing the same oscillations every time) but as variables along with coordinates,intensity and duration. The result of this is that he can set different numbers to the variables without changing the spell activation sequence.
Think of it this way:
a simple oscillation spell would be like :
5+4+7+6 is the spell with 5 being the oscillations in the spell, 4 is coordinates, 7 is intensity, 6 is duration.
Now what tatsuya did to the spell was this:
a+b+c+d , all those stats set as variables meaning he can assign different values to those without changing the spell.
Example the spell can take this form 15+4+98+200 or 145+43+58+64 etc, The spell structure remained the same 4 numbers added together, just the effects are different and since the spell was the same ii was used via loop cast system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
You are a bit mistaken here. Firstly, Tatsuya explained in V12c1 he did not know how to use AOE defensive decomposition yet 3 years before in Okinawa. This was the reason stated in V8c16 why Honami went to help him. Because she noticed he had to individually identify each attacking object first and was pushed to his limits just disabling the enemy attacks.

Secondly, he was referring to protecting himself from the naval bombardment that Honami protected him from. It is not similar to wide area interference or data fortification. Barrier-type magic would be what it would be like, similar to the Speed type magic that was used by 9th High in V4c13. Instead of reducing speed, Mist Dispersion would take effect.
Thirdly, we have seen Tatsuya already uses 2 versions of small AOE Decomposition for offense. The first is a pinhole sized, linear-version of AOE Mist Dispersion seen first in v2 and the 2nd is a Mist Dispersion coating on his hands to give them a magical 'knife edge'.
i know that, i meant similar to ZI because its an area of effect spell i was not referring to how the spell works, and similar to DF because data fortification also helps with protection from projectile, magic effects etc. But yeah yo can call it a barrier type magic. maybe we should name it " Null Barrier" and stop using aoe decomposition for it, such a mouthful.
Mist dispersal is a single target spell, but yeah we could say Aoe decomposition is like area of effect MD.
And didn't he used this aoe decomposition when he stopped miyuki and lina fight by using gram dispersion to dispel the magic?
I know it doesn't state its was aoe decomposition but it said the hot and cold air was stopped by an invisible wall in front of him. wasn't that aoe decomposition?
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote