View Single Post
Old 2014-04-22, 02:12   Link #31
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Precisely, contrary to the others, doesn't he use ES by default ? He identify the Eidos with ES, reads the information and confirms its form then decomposes it.
I wouldn't say contrary to the others. All modern magicians, including Tatsuya, use their eidos sensory ability by default for their magic. Most magicians normally gather eidos coordinates subconsciously via their sight, like a vague sense of where their magic sequence must target, or a vague sense of what effect an active magic sequence would have on the eidos. Tatsuya is the same but can also actually clearly 'see' the alternate dimension and view and read the raw eidos data itself, along with activation sequences and magic sequences raw data and the interactions between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
His elemental sight is not something he can turn off and on like a switch. His ES is always working to some degree that's why it is said he always has an "eye" on miyuki because his ES always tracks miuyki's edios and the eidos around her.
To say he doesn`t need ES for decomposition, we don't know because since ES is active in some form all the time we haven`t seen him use decomposition without it.
I never claimed Tatsuya can use Decomposition and can turn it off. I pointed out a person does not require ES ability to pick out and lock onto precise eidos targets. Magicians beside Tatsuya have actually been seen to do so throughout the novel. But since most modern magicians must rely on their 5 senses as a shortcut, they must be able to properly visualize their target as mentioned in V9.

The novel only mentioned V2 about his special sensory ability being related to his ability to use decomposition magic on activation sequences, and not to decomposing objects.

Quote:
man that was an exact passage from the Light Novel. Look it up its not like i just left out words or something i`m just making my opinion based on that.
What you quoted was an exact passage yes, your statements after that and interpretation of it wasn't accurate.

Quote:
The word "as a whole" might be a little off for the description i was trying to say.
I`ll try another explanation, a normal magicians can identify the eidos of a car for example as a car. tatsuyas ES can identify every piece in that car individually. You are right if he wants to decompose the whole car is one thing but if he wants to decompose only a precise part of the car then he needs the ES to identify that very specific edios for decomposition.
This is also incorrect since we've seem magicians other than Tatsuya target precise parts of objects as well, the important thing is that they must be able to see or sense their target. There is nothing in the novel that indicates ES is required for other magicians when doing precise targeting. If other magicians wanted to do long distance targeting, without using a sensory type magic or a spirit medium, when their sight is blocked or their equipment is not enough for them simply use their vision, then yes, that person would need an ES skill like Tatsuya's.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote