View Single Post
Old 2014-04-18, 00:36   Link #67
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
first, yes his magician rank in the current system will not change, but the way the people view him will change, that what means by getting recognized.
If you recheck my previous post I already pointed out that the only people who might still look down on him are those who do so because of his lack of talent with most magic, and this fact wouldn't change if his secrets are revealed, so I doubt their minds will change. Nearly everyone recognises all of his superlative skills already since the end of v4, without knowing any of the hardcore secrets. I am not sure what more recognition he could actually get.

Quote:
And since when yotsuba treat him as a powerful magician? besides maya the butler and couple of other, the clan is unaware of his power that's why his treated as a lowly guardian.
So you want more recognition from the Yotsuba? His own mother and aunt turned him into a guardian, despite knowing all his abilities. It wasn't a choice made by the rest of the clan. They all know he's a powerful fighter because he was made a guardian at just 6 and passed all the brutal tests those servants go through. The reason he's a lowly guardian was explained by his mother in v8. That reason won't change if they all suddenly learned of his strongest magics. Especially since the people who actually made that decision already knew everything.

Quote:
Second, mist dispersal is not a lethal spell. It has various effect based on what tatsuya wants to decompose, it varies from small injuries that can cripple an opponent to completely disintegrating the opponent. He can also use that to decompose weapons/cads like he did on the Stardust soldiers.
So using decomposition in a mock battle is not out of the question because its lethal.He can just decompose the opponent Cad rendering him useless, as well as he can use decomposition as aoe spell to protect himself from spells, as well as using it as counter magic(see gram dispesion), as well as using it to destroy other magician defenses, applications are to many to state them here.
And the fact is he did use decomposition in a mock battle against tomitsuka so your argument he cant use it cause it lethal is weak.
You want to compare strength just think of this , in icicle destruction one activation from his trident and the ice pillars will be gone before the opponent has a chance to cast as spell.Or start with a gram dispersion then trident. either way same effect.
Fist of all, the novel states his offensive decomposition spells are against the rules in v3c5 due to their destructive capability, except for use against inanimate targets, which I mentioned in my previous post. If his Mist Dispersal actually worked against Tomitsuka and the judge understood what he used, Tatsuya would have automatically lost by disqualification. If you reread the rules of duels, any level of use, like you just mentioned, of his offensive decomposition on the human body leads to an infraction of 'Abilities that cause direct harm to the physical body are forbidden.'.

Secondly, even if Tatsuya only used it on a person's CAD or even if he used just a tiny bit on their body below the limit of the rules, the match still goes on. Since physical attacks are allowed in matches between those of the same gender. The magicians may even still be able to use some magics without a CAD, especially the defensive ones. You don't need to point out how useful his magic would be, he could use it indirectly on the surrounding environment as well to instantly create pits and obstacles as well. My point is that the novel states if he uses it directly it would disqualify him, and if he uses it indirectly he would still have the same problem as before of having to use ambushes, tricks and tactics combined with martial arts or his other weaker magics to try and give the final blow.

Quote:
As battles go offcourse he struggles against powerful magicians but so does everyone else, you think miyuki being as powerful as she is will just clap her hand and bag the opponent is down? be serious man.
And its the same situation for the opponent, you think just because he's a powerful magician can easily lend a hit on him? We saw in his mock battle with tomitsuka how frustrated tomitsuka was because he was unable to land a hit let alone a decisive one.An tomitsuka was ranked as a powerful magician and a course 1 student....
I'm not sure you understood the point I was making. I was pointing out when in combat, Tatsuya has no problems landing hits and avoiding or countering attacks and having access to freely use his secret magics would make this even easier, but the same main problem would occur even if he had such freedom. Since magic attacks that cause direct physical damage are forbidden, he must use regular magic or other methods to finish off his opponent. Tatsuya's magic alone(everything aside from his birth magics) cannot directly cause enough physical effect to actually incapacitate most magicians with even average talent. By itself its really that weak.

Quote:
I said change his underdog status inside the yotsuba.You do understand that beeing a clan member doesn`t mean his name will change from shiba to yotsuba, or it will be publicly announced right?
If he were to be recognized as an yotsuba not as a guardian will open whole new possibilities for the story as well as for character development.
This is what I was trying understand and is why I asked what you meant. I apologise, your last post wasn't really clear to me about it only being his status inside the Yotsuba. I personally don't see any reason for his status to change, since the actual reason why he's a guardian still hasn't changed. And since the world outside the Yotsuba recognises all his talents, so much so that they've even had to change the main school system and foreign countries are trying to assassinate him, I personally believe his status among the Yotsuba has only been a minor story plot and changing it would be more harmful to him than beneficial. But I do agree it would introduce new story possibilities and chances for character developments.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote