View Single Post
Old 2014-04-16, 19:48   Link #61
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
its seems a little far fetched.

I don`t know if it was me projecting some idea or maybe my own desire as a reader to see some change in the status quo of the characters and i let some stupid idea slip out.

But i do hope we can see some change in the siblings status in the next few volumes.
I mean yeah the under dog thing was cool in the first year of high school but it seems redundant now that everyone knows his not some c-rank average magician no matter what the ranking system says or what he says
I mean the whole first high probably knows about his skills as a magician by know as well as his engineering , and that's not restricted to first high alone .
Let's ignore the fact that he can use gram demolition which is a skill very very few magicians are able to do, and i mean powerful magicians, many students witnessed him using gram dispersion to erase entire spells and not some weak ass spells the a rank type ones, even through the spell itself has no visual representation in real word i guess many students understand that's not some magic your average magician that he claims he is would posses.
Jummonji as the acting head of the house, most likely knows his from the yotsuba, erika knows for sure, mayumi is 95% convinced she from yotsuba and the rest of his friends already knows his from the 10MC.Not to mention his friends knowing about his regrowth ability and as well that his part of a very secretly part of the military that probably doesn't just take any magician in their ranks considering what powerful magicians are already in the unit.
But since that taboo of asking another magician about his magic no one stepped to flat out ask him anything.
I would love to see some change in the next volumes, not anything major like revealing his a SC magician but at least related to his magic and his ties to the yotsuba.
It getting rather boring to keep reading that he tries to hide his skills, and no one is buying it but they go along with it because they don`t want to press the matter because they are his friends and don`t wanna ruin a friendship.
this kind of change will also help cement some relationships in their lives while putting strain on others like their relations with the saeguesa if the clan confrontation starts to heat,with mayumi but with the twins as well that just began to change their opinion about him and izumi's admiration for miyuki.
How will izumi's image of miyuki will change in the aftermath of the heated conflict and truth that the person she admires is now the enemy.
But this just my wishful thinking.
If i have to read through the next volumes that will stick to same underdog formula i`ll be disappointed but i`ll still read them .
I am not sure what you mean by the same underdog formula. Since volume 2 began, there has been very little, if any, underdog component. While Tatsuya often tries to use his lack of magic ability as an excuse to escape job requests, nobody buys it and throughout the series his sempais use him as they please because they know how dependable he is. Masaki and Ichijou wee treating him as a rival even before they saw him battle. Even his step mother and aunt count on him to solve their problems. Its a fact he cannot use powerful magic except for a select few spells, but he is constantly treated as super talented by the other novel characters. I feel like you're personally wrongly marking him as an underdog/ since in the novel I feel its made clear he'sbeen treated as one of the strongest from since the beginning.

Since volume 1 from the exam scores and the Hanzo duel he's been treated as 1 of the strongest as well as smartest. Sayaka and Kirihara even went into long monologues about how strong he is. But its still a fact that he lacks the talent to use the majority of magics that blooms consider to be basic. What difference would it make if his background and magics were made public?

- His magician rank would increase and he would be treated as a powerful magician?
--Doubt it. He can only barely use most magics, so his rank wouldn't increase unless the system changed. And the school body, Yotsuba and JSDF already treat him as a powerful magician for those magics and skills he does excel at. The school even went through a bunch of trouble to set up a new curriculum just to change his weed status. Its the JSDF that ordered him not to use his strongest skills in public as he's their secret weapon. The Yotsuba only ordered him to keep a low profile and prevent others from discovering Miyuki's background for safety reasons.

-He gains the respect of his peers and no one would look down on him?
--He already has the respect of his teachers, colleagues, workmates and most of his peers. Knowing he's Yotsuba might put the fear in them of being openly disrespectful, but those that still look down on him even after having seen his skills and might will continue to do so, because he definitely still lacks talent with most magics.

-He can openly use his magic in duels and mock battles to show his true magic strength?
--In a contest of destroying inanimate targets yes, but not in a duel or mock battle. Tatsuya's only strong offensive magic is quite lethal. Its illegal to use in any friendly matches. The same applies to Ichijou's favourite strong magic skill. The only difference being able to openly use his magic means Tatsuya can more easily dodge or counter much more of whats thrown at him. He will still always struggle to actually land the finishing magical blow to defeat most talented magic opponents in mock battles. This is simply because his offensive magic, besides decomposition, are all ridiculously weak. Its why he must take advantage of wave amplification and chi techniques.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-04-16 at 19:58.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote