View Single Post
Old 2014-04-10, 20:04   Link #60
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not impossible... but I don't want it to be chaotic either. I'm okay with experimenting a little with a little mini popularity tournament of sorts... but so long as it doesn't get out of hand (same rules as Saimoe and similar -- no campaigning, no attacking, etc.). I'd really rather the polls start conversation about the characters and the reasons people like them, and not just votes, so maybe it could be "Vote for your <x> (3? 5?) favourite characters and explain what caused you to like them" or something.
That really does sound like a good idea, but I guess it's probably better to do what Birdway said first... as long as people need to explain why they picked said characters.

After more people are on the site, I'm sure the second idea would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Rentless, do the first poll and later when you see fit do your idea with examples of posible.
Seconded. But without Touma, Hamazura, Mikoto, Accelerator. (and we need to consider whether or not OT railgun applies...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
index isn't really popular and touma might actually have more haters then fans so i wouldn't put them in the top 3 sadly.

mikoto, accelerator, and i think misaki are by far the most popular in the series(unless misaki hype died down then i don't know).
Lol. Touma having more haters doesn't make him unpopular. He is #2 LN character... there is no way he has that many haters... and Character popularity is decided by who many people think he's the best, not who hates said character... And I think you're reactions to comments might be a bit overdoing it. You're just seeing a really biased sample of people who like to comment about these things. It's not the big picture. You're seeing the people who feel the strongest, but not a representative sample of most people's impressions of Touma/To aru series...

Otherwise, Mikoto is obviously #1, and Accelerator, Touma are the most popular in the OT (Misaki doesn't appear except in the railgun manga... does that count?).

If this is for the LN/manga readers forum then I think Aqua, Hamazura are also definitely up there.

We need to figure out what OT means, whether it includes railgun manga or not. We need to decide whether or not to put the top 4 into another poll, because we've already heard so many people fawning about those 4 anyway, I don't think it'd really be constructive to hear more about them, in a poll that would detract from everyone else...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote