Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Love Live! (2nd Season)
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-07, 17:59   Link #94
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yes, I watched through S1, for the record. For whatever reasons the cast and the story (and especially the singing) just did not click with me. The premise in S2 may picque my interest a little more, but the music could bean impediment for me. Starting out like a musical also didn't help either - I generally dislike musicals.

Will give it a try nonetheless, though.
Sorry, your first post was kinda vague and it seemed to imply you didn't watch S1. Thanks for clearing that up.

If you didn't like S1, I'm not sure if S2 will be a game breaker. Some new developments that you can look forward to this season will be Mu's showdown against A-RISE, the possible formation of the 3 subgroups (Lily White is Umi + Rin + Nozomi, Printemps is Honoka + Kotori + Hanayo, BiBi is Eli + Nico + Maki), and the graduation at the end of the school year. It's entirely possible for that last one to be postponed for a future 3rd season though, which I wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
It seems female friends can't get along in anime or else they get paired by some fans, not like I care much since it's just only a small part of the fandom.
It's inevitable with this kind of anime.

Personally, the only romantic relationship I can justify is that between Honoka and Kotori, since Kotori sucks up to Honoka all the time. But fans and the production staff have been pushing Nico x Maki, Rin x Hanayo, and Eli x Umi for the longest time. As a hetfag, I can't quite comprehend it. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickersand View Post
Speaking of four years, this August marks their 4th anniversary. Does it feel weird to anyone else that there's actually character progression now? Like progression beyond their original bios. Eri isn't President anymore. I don't think they'll break the real life group up, but I wonder how they'll proceed after the 3 graduate...
Was Eli student council president since the start of the franchise or was that something that came with Hanada's anime? The PVs don't give me the impression that she held any special position.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote