View Single Post
Old 2014-03-31, 21:08   Link #88
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well he made his choice in movies. Even if events are different characters are same so I belive he in then end went for Sheryl (well, he made same choice even before ...in certain way)
There are a couple issues with Alto not stating his choice outright in the TV series. First of all, the love triangle was given a lot of attention in marketing for the series. Secondly, in the lead up to the finale Alto admitted he had been pretending not to notice certain things and started to act more decisive. But the ending failed to offer a clear follow through to this development and many fans were left with the impression that Alto was dense and indecisive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Several models have had the head lasers usable as rear-firing weaponry, so the turret isn't totally necessary on a production VF-29 for that reason, but the main thing is that aesthetically the YF-29's turret was still a big lump (a streamlined flat lump, but still a lump) on the back of the fighter. In a casual perusal of images online, it seems that displaying the -29 without the turret is more common.
The head guns that can fire to the rear I don't have as much of a problem with. They weren't portrayed as a serious deterrent to pursuers the two times I can remember them being used in that fashion in Frontier.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote