View Single Post
Old 2014-02-11, 03:01   Link #681
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I find it really puzzling as well. She has a fantastic voice and she seems popular, so why isn't she getting more roles? Or, like, ANY roles. Maybe it's a choice on her part?
I'm guessing it has to at least be partly due to her choice, I don't think her agency wouldn't be able to push her into some roles if she was after work.. like I said before she's way too young to be getting phased out like say a Satsuki Yukino has been in the last 5... and heck even she has a mainish role this season (haven't seen Strange+ so can't comment too much) as well as two ongoing roles in Saint Seiya and Phi Brain, Itou has nothing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I wouldn't say that Itou lacks the roles.
Itou in 2013.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (Sena Kashiwazaki)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Aoi Ogiyama)
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (Suzuno Kamazuki; Crestia Bell)
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya (Suzuka Kurihara)
Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home (Ohana Matsumae)
Photo Kano (Haruka Niimi)
Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live (Mega-nee Akai)
Strike the Blood (Kanon Kanase)
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (Ruiko Saten)
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (Ruiko Saten)
The World God Only Knows III (Elucia de Rux Ima)

The bolded are her only new roles in the entire year, and I guess Photo Kano is the only one that's even a main character and that's due to how their system works. (Actually I don't even know if that's one of the girls they focus on)

Itou in 2014.

Sure there's still a lot of roles left up for grab in Spring season but at the moment the only thing you can put her down for in 2014 is Yui in Sword Art Online:GGO and that's if she's even in that season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
It has to be a choice because, as you said, she's incredibly good and quite popular. But I'm sure we can all name multiple excellent VAs who have not been getting roles for some time. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder but geez... At least I get to hear more of Houko Kuwashima's lovely voice in Inari this season.
You need to watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Kuwashima voices the lead female Yuki Mori.

Quote:
Totally agree. Miyuki Sawashiro reached that point for me a while ago (there was a season or 2 where she was in everything!), and Kana is pretty much in the same boat. I don't care how talented a VA you are, overexposure is a bad thing and it annoys the crap out of me. It also sucks because that's one less job for someone less "mainstream" to take. Obviously this isn't their fault, and it has more to do with their agency and the mysterious inner-workings of the anime and VA industry.
You can never have too much Miyukichi
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote