Nayim

From Nasu's blog:

Quote:
―――さて。
あらゆる創作者にとって自作とは子供のようなものです。
叶うのならどこまでも健やかに育ってほしいと願い、Fateをここまで育ててきました。
月日が経つにつれ子供だった頃の面影は消え、違う一面を見せるようになるでしょう。

Well then.
Every creator’s work is like a child to them.
I wished for it to grow up to be healthy in every respect, and so Fate has grown this much.
As time passes, the child you knew will disappear, but it will surely show you a different side of itself.

「極端な話ですが、物語性においても映像面においてもzeroとは別のモノと考えてください。
stay nightが目指したものとZeroが目指したものは別のもの。
これを無遠慮に繋げてしまうと物語も空気感も破綻します。
stay nightもzeroも違う作家が書いた違う物語だからこそ、互いを尊重しあえるものなんです」

It’s an extreme story, but please think of it as something separate from Zero in terms of both story and animation.
What Stay Night aimed for was different from what Zero aimed for.
Presumptively trying to tie this together will destroy both the story and the atmosphere.
Stay Night and Zero can mutually respect each other because of the fact that they were different stories written by different authors.

暴論である事は覚悟の上での発言でした。
自分はzeroという大仕事を終えてくれたスタッフに「前の仕事の方法論は忘れてほしい」と言 ったのです。
そんな中、その場に集まったスタッフの皆さんははっきりと返してくれました。

「勿論わかっています。これはzeroの続編ではなく、stay nightという新作ですから」と。

I said that knowing very well that it was an irrational argument.
I told the staff who had kindly completed the major work that was Zero that I wanted them to forget the methodology of the previous work.
In that context, the staff there gave me this clear response:

"Of course, we understand that. This is not a continuation of Zero, but a new work called Stay Night after all."

―――この時点で、奈須きのこの“でも今になってFateってどうなの?”なんて迷いは消えまし た。
あれだけの成功の後に、こんな言葉を即答できるスタッフとものづくりができる事に感謝を。
今は『ufo版Fate/stay night』が10年の歳月に相応しいものに仕上がるよう、微力ながらお手伝いさせていただいております 。

At this point, Nasu Kinoko’s worries like “Really, at this point, is Fate alright?” vanished.
I am grateful to the staff who, even after such a great success, can give me that kind of immediate reply, and I am grateful that this craftsmanship is possible.
Although I’m unskilled, I am helping to create a Fate/Stay Night (Ufo Version) that will be suitable for the tenth anniversary.