View Single Post
Old 2013-09-07, 12:55   Link #43
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmm, I was checking the NHK blog so much that I missed the updates to the official site out o3o. If we listen carefully, we can hear what might be part of the OP (0:08~0:49) and ED (0:50~1:8) in the background of the trailer =3

Also, looking at the episode list, the anime should finish the first volume within the first four episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's better than Sword Art Online because at least this series will not have the drama that is associated with the concept of "dying in-game = dying for real". Without that, the worst any character would get in this series is ending up respawning over and over again.
Death does have its consequences in this series though I can't say anything more at this point without spoiling, other than that it affects the players personally. From a emotional PoV, this penalty might not be as dramatic as straight-off dying would seem, though opinions might differ. Also, only Adventurers (what players are known as ingame) can respawn infinitely (or so it seems now. Further developments might change this). This distinction plays a part in the fourth volume.

In any case, Mamare is not a "grim-dark" writer that kills named characters with glee, a reputation that plagues Tomino Toshiyuki and Urobochi Gen. LogHora (and MaoYuu) generally have a positive outlook and there's an underlying "When stuck, take the first step, push on and don't hesitate" theme.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2013-09-07 at 13:06.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote