View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 16:25   Link #64
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well IMO. I understand that the romance became pretty heavy. But I actually really liked that aspect of SAO. I watch Rom-coms a lot... They are usually my favorite genre in addition to Shonen and on occasion Slice of life which makes my tastes rather strange

So anyway... Kirito was interesting because he was a main character that like Touma took things onto himself. He worked alone (kind of like Touma actually) but unlike Touma had some very different attributes. Kirito is very high on my list of favorite characters of all time.

Also, I understand that hot girls are usually enough to get you to watch an anime. But you usually need a good plot, story, animation, or music to get someone to continue watching after the very beginning of it.

That's why I'm not so sure about why Index isn't so popular.
it has a solid fanbase here in western fanbase since i know allot of people do recognize touma character "plus" it normally gets pretty high score in ranking in websites like anime planet and myanimelist with the characters staying in top 400 rankings of favorite including the manga usually being ranked in top 100 or 200 in manga websites. but yeah i wish index and railgun was much more popular here.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote