View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 16:11   Link #63
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
wouldn't be surprised if thats the true reason SAO is popular here imo, most of the people i seen that likes anime are mostly in it for the gorgeous/moe looking/hot looking characters and its about the main reason they watch it. in my personal opinion i liked SAO until it went to the romantic department where i completly droped it and got bored because i felt the story was focusing too much on the romance rather then the plot and kiroto could have possibly been one of my favourite characters especially if he had tagged along with "Klein" who i felt was the most interesting of all the characters because i wanted to know the journey hes been through and what has happened to him the past two years in sword art online then rather having seen just camoa of him.
Well IMO. I understand that the romance became pretty heavy. But I actually really liked that aspect of SAO. I watch Rom-coms a lot... They are usually my favorite genre in addition to Shonen and on occasion Slice of life which makes my tastes rather strange

So anyway... Kirito was interesting because he was a main character that like Touma took things onto himself. He worked alone (kind of like Touma actually) but unlike Touma had some very different attributes. Kirito is very high on my list of favorite characters of all time.

Also, I understand that hot girls are usually enough to get you to watch an anime. But you usually need a good plot, story, animation, or music to get someone to continue watching after the very beginning of it.

That's why I'm not so sure about why Index isn't so popular.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote