View Single Post
Old 2013-09-01, 15:54   Link #46
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Quick question: not sure this goes here. Based on the fact that the index manga doesn't come out in the us. And that the LNs are not coming out and that railgun only has season one in English. How long do people guesstimate it will/might probably take for raildex to be a popular series in the us? I've gone to a few cons and have barely seem any merchandise of it... Also it seems that the only merchandise there is is just manga for railgun... Sorry if this question doesn't go here, but it makes no sense to me why such a popular series in Japan is so unknown in other places. I'm just hoping it eventually becomes somewhat more mainstream.
Index is not your typical mainstream so it won't be as popular as other series. Seriously, make Mikoto the main hero, it will probably more popular but Touma's falcon punch isn't that popular and I already accept that fate from the beginning. I also question it but when you look at western's taste for entertainment. Look at high school dxd and SAO for novel or naruto and other mainstream shounen manga for manga. You will probably get your answer.

Touma's lack of stupid power up or cool moves make it lack in taste for the western world and Index is plot driven that you will need to understand everything, including the SS because they connect to the main story. People will find it troublesome to read and know everything. Its just isn't up to par for more mainstream people. They also don't like much the techno bubble. Index also lacks a good character development like fate series. They develop the main heroines there which leads to make it more appreciated. If you compare it to index.... index has lots of potential but I think the lack of character development hits it hard.

don't get me wrong. there is character development but they are minimal and in slow course. People will easily lack interest if you will need to read 20+ volume to see that development. People thinks Index is a drag story that takes too long for the story to kick start. People won't read a 12 volumes to just wait for the story to enter the main point. People easy lost interest and lacks patients.

If Kamachi keeps Raildex series like railgun anime. It will probably be more popular but its not like that.

raildex doesn't revolve on harem, ecchi and action series. It has deeper story to it which makes people with lack of initial interest to loose interest.

And its actually sad....