View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 12:09   Link #71
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Urobuchi doesn't even now how the cat is called, so I doubt Homura's wish relates to it in any way.

But I agree it's an interesting question. What did Homura wish for in a world where she never knew Madoka? Whatever it is, I hope it helps to explain her powers, especially the witch-like black wings from the epilogue of the tv series.
Still, with that drama CD stating that Homura goes out of her way to save that cat in every timeline as tribute to Madoka, it'd be hilarious if it became outright confirmed that this cat is safe in every possible universe. XD

Aside from that, the only thing I can think of is that Homura made a wish that's idealistic and Madoka-y, establishing an in-universe reason for their metaphysical connection.

As for the wings, my personal headcanon is still "Madoka appears to those who lose hope > Homura knows this > Homura can never completely lose hope > Whenever her soul gem would otherwise darkens, she hears Madoka, gets happy, and releases all the Grief in a super attack."