Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Love Live! (2nd Season)
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-16, 11:20   Link #18
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
That's the plot, yes, but not the story. The story is about Honoka discovering her role as a leader, and how she affects everyone else around her. It's about how all the members of μ's learn to shed their facades for various reasons and obtain a greater sense of teamwork.
None of this happens without the plot being what it is. That's why, in this case, the plot and story are essentially one and the same. The story is simply how the plot is executed. Saving the school is not unimportant. It is a very important part of the plot and the story.

My main point is simply this - Love Live! Season 1 has a very engaging plot/story. For the most part, that plot/story has been resolved. There's a couple obvious things they can do that ties into it, but it's hard for me to see how they get an entire cour's worth of episodes out of it. So that's the key to Season 2, imo - What new plot/story comes into focus for the next season. Don't get me a wrong, a couple episodes of the Muse girls just goofing off might be fine (even Season 1 had that), but these characters shine their brightest when they're actively working towards a heartfelt goal, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-06-16 at 11:35.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote