View Single Post
Old 2006-02-03, 02:31   Link #88
domino
デレデレ

Wow, there are so many great shows coming out this April that I don't think I'll leave my room all spring. x_x

Anyway, more goodies coming out in 2006:

-------------------------------------
Angelique
Release date: 2006
Genre: Shoujo, Romance

Announcement website/possible future official site

The Angelique TV anime was announced last year in celebration of the Angelique series' 10th anniverssary. It was a video game series that started 10 years ago. The game is a dating simulation game for girls (it's NOT an adult game/ero game...someone wrongly called Meine Liebe and Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ero games in an earlier post and they're completely wrong).

The general story in the Angelique world is that two girls are selected from different planets in the universe to represent the universe. They go through trials and training to see which of the two girls is more fit to take the position of Queen of the Cosmos -- a girl who will support the universe (think Magic Knight Rayearth). The trials vary and can be difficult. She has 9 guardians (among others) who are there to assist her, with each guardian corresponding to a different element in the world (fire, water, earth, etc). Will the girls fall in love with the guardians, or will they choose to become Queen instead? Do they pick love or duty? In the video game version, the player decides their destiny, but in the anime... how will they decide things? I'll have to watch to find out.

The series has been continuing as games, manga, CDs, concerts, etc for 10 years and features an all-star cast (Koyasu Takehito, Kotono Mitsuishi, and more...). It has previously been made into 13 OVA episodes. It's a very cute romantic series that is quite popular in Japan (you can see it referred to in manga such as Fruits Basket and Sorcerer Hunters).

The story is expands over several arcs, so no one knows which arc the anime will be about. The site that mentions it features a picture from the latest arc, so maybe the anime will be about that arc? (same characters, different story/clothes)

Here are manga pictures from the 11 volume manga series that covers the first story arc (first Ange game):

----------------------------------------------------------

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Release Date: 2006
Genre: Shoujo, Romance, Drama, Historical

I don't know anything about this series except that it's a popular drama CD. The illustrations/character designs are by Yura Kairi, who also did the Angelique series art. So there will be two shows with her art airing at the same time. ^_^ I'm happy because I really love her art!

The drama CDs seem to be historical/shoujo pieces.

Here's a cover of one of the drama CDs:

domino is offline   Reply With Quote