View Single Post
Old 2013-03-18, 13:01   Link #92
magnum12

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
No offence, but stop using Red and Blue for Higurashi. It just feels forced. First of all, the definition of Umineko's mystery does not even apply to Higurashi. They are different stories, Umineko's logic does not work with Higurashi sometimes. Dunno it just looks to me me that 'Blue and Red are cool and I will use them on every fiction.' Sorry that I sound like a total jackass lol.
No problem. I don't really see it as forced as much as something fun to do since red and blue truth are a part of When They Cry and the use of them is entertaining in relevant debates and theory development.

I've always interpreted Higurashi as a hybrid horror/mystery and suspect that the series is more compliant to the rules of the mystery genre than one would think. Depending on which side one takes in how Knox's 2nd is interpreted (existance vs involvement in the crime)
Spoiler for spoiler for 8th novel:

The big point of contention regarding compliance,
Spoiler for spoilers for 8th novel:
might arguably be allowed under Knox's 4th. Since
it isn't a drug or unknown poison. As for the other aspect of Knox's 4th relating to excessive complexity, after piecing together all the deaths in the series and all the progressions into madness, I came to the conclusion that
. It's actually quite interesting if you want to know more.
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote