View Single Post
Old 2006-01-15, 03:19   Link #33
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
When Type-Moon reaches the hights of CLAMP (who also started out as a doujinshi circle back in Kyoto), then we'll talk about. But so far, I just don't see it...

Takeuchi can always improve, and I certainly hope he does, because the company he is with can produce pure gold in terms of original storylines.
I can see where you're going, but let's be fair here. Takeuchi is in the doujin game circles, much like 7th Expansion is now. CLAMP was a doujinshi circle. Their emphasis and focus aren't within the same lines.

And it may take a while before Type Moon reaches CLAMP's status. Type Moon is still new in the world of pro-soft houses, with only 2 titles under their name. Plus with the recent relevations that they may not do a Nasu game after their pending projects, (( Nasu is literally what made Type Moon what it is today )), they may not be able to keep their current momentum going.

So, the pure gold you're talking about may not exist temporarily after the Tsukihime remake is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
It's called personal taste. Takeuchi Takashi is one of the most renowned artists among the otaku industry, and he has ones of the most refined styles out there that's easily recognizable by anyone who knows anything about visual novels/eroges.

You can't expect someone to change his/her style and call it "improvement" simply because you don't find their current style to your liking.
Exactly. Sure, anyone can argue that his style isn't very detailed like a lot of mangakas, keyword mangaka, I don't see many visual/eroge artist with superb art as well, but it's very unique and distinctive. Just like Araki Hirohiko. His style may appeal to everyone, but his unique style with his mangas is what put him in the bench of some of the top mangakas in Japan, art-wise.

And Takeuchi's style is easily one of the most refined among eroge artist.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote