View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 13:25   Link #42
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
WildGoose, I'm a Malaysian and I can tell you that I don't think the MSians or Indonesians could ever hold themselves against any squadron of BETA that has Laser Class in it... ever. If anything, the BETA will overlook them simply because they're way too weak to be noticed...
Let's not forget the communication issues. Thai, Bahasa Indon, Bahasa Malaysia, Cantonese, Tagalog and Singlish all mixing together. And that's before you factor in Australian English. You can't get any shit done because nobody understands each other.

Then again maybe the standard of English in Malaysia will be higher than what it is right now, given that there probably won't be the sayang BM campaing by Min Education...

Btw fyi, I'm Sabahan. I've also been told that that doesn't count as being Malaysian, lol.

Having said that, looking at the debacle with the Adnan AFV (no contract for spare parts, relying only on 1-year manufacturing warranty), in my fanfic idea set in the mid 90s, the pratagonist RMAF pilots had their F-18 squadron grounded due to lack of spares, and very nearly sold Siti Nurhaliza to the Australians in exchange for spare parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
Oi oi.. Wait a minute,Zeriand the battle is far from over you know. I'm a Malaysian too and to give up a fight just like that it's a cowards way. Malaysia Boleh!!. But I do kinda agree with the military strength that all three nation have....
Like I posted above, coordination is going to be an issue. SG might give a good accounting of themselves, since they have the knowledge base and educated population.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote