View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 20:47   Link #68
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Clearly, it is not an AU. It follows the cannon but just inserts scenes where it feels like in order to A) hype up the characters B) use the events to get the reader to a certain point...it's inserting a scene where there wasn't one because they felt like it. I don't call that AU. I call that idiotsy. The world is built there already, you don't just stick something in and change canon and call it your idea. Part of the idea of writing about a pre-built world is that you ADD to the world, not change it.

Close-minded? No...not really...I've read some good fanfiction...then again, that has been like 4 works out of the many thousands up on ffnet in which the authors just try to create the characters into mary sues/gary stus or make their OC become this incredible part of the main characters' story. It's laughable, actually.
You still have yet to prove the existence of your so-called cardinal rule. Show us at least two sources that prove its worthiness of being followed. People want to write what they want to. Who are you to dictate what they can do and cannot? Please, if you dislike it then spare us your comments. There are people here who appreciate this sort of thing for what it is.

Oh, yes, and one last thing. Point out your highly exclusive collection of "good" fanfics for our criticism/critique, if you feel proud enough of them to talk about them in such glowing terms. Go on.

Last edited by WarpObscura; 2006-01-08 at 09:44.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote