View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 19:28   Link #57
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deofiro View Post
Can I discuss crossover stories here cause I posted one awhile back but haven't updated it in a while because I cannot think of a proper goal to aim for.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7800273/1/The_Games_Vision

Any comment on it helps
At least add punctuation and question marks where they're needed.

Basically, Character + Event = Plot. If you want a plot, you need direction and milestones. For direction, decide whether you want to (1) follow SAO's storyline with Touma added in the scene, changing here and there to fit him in, or (2) put Touma's original adventures in between the time skips while keeping SAO's main plot, or (3) make a completely new and original story following Touma. After that, choose which floor that the next event that's happening to Touma will be held, and start from there.

Events are dependent on plot, so I can't comment. However, if you want my suggestion, go with either (2) or (3). With that, first have Touma learn how to defend himself properly, either by being careful or by receiving help from a Beater. After that, skip to the first floor boss fight. Change it however you like, then timeskip again. If you like to include SAO's plot, you can write about the boss fight of floor 50, or crusade against Laughing Coffin, or you can just go with something original.

Now, after you've had a main plot, you can start adding plot elements. This is where the sky is the only limit. From romance to drama to comedy to even horror and rage-inducing themes, anything is possible. You can have Touma tame something, or know someone who successfully tamed something, maybe even save that person's life. You can add a running gag, like a guy having a girly name and have people point it out every other chapters. Even something like romance between Argo and Touma, which then turn into drama as she is NTR-ed by a Laughing Coffin member, who then attempts to kill her, is possible. Just make sure they are connected to one another.

Last edited by M.A.D; 2012-08-03 at 20:07.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote