View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 12:49   Link #69
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I didn't see that, are you sure ? My guess would be that, it's not possible because there was only 10'000 license but anyone who can bypass the check (like a tech for example) should be able to connect. I don't see why a helmet "used" could not connect anymore except if the kill switch does destroy the helmet at the same time.

And you forgot something : theses helmets are mass produced products which mean that a lot of people did control what's inside before authorizing it for selling (at least it's like that in Europe). That mean they already have the plan of the helmet.
This point has already been raised by me on page 2. The main limitation at the end of the discussion was that you need to train thousands of disarming teams to disarm all the helmets in one go, else you risk Kayaba killing everyone out of spite. That, or you invent a device that latch onto the helmets and disarm it in an automatic fashion and make thousands of them to use in sync. It's not the disarming that's hard but how to do it quickly to everyone.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote