View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 14:58   Link #55
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
You're assuming everything is server-side. Given that there are already automatic kill switch that is built into the helmet for tampering, it would be naive to think that there wouldn't be something put in place for something as obvious as taking out the server. Kayaba is a genius, not an idiot.
That I understand but the helmet must receive some kind of signal to trigger the kill switch, right ?

Quote:
Flawed assumption, you have no idea what kind of technology are present in a NervGear, thus you cannot assume that those two are the only methods available.
yeah, I can't but the tech for that time should be able to tell...

Quote:
You put those explosives on that NervGear, you'll either kill the player with the blast, or kill the player with the frags created by the blast.
Ok, my bad ^^

Quote:
Why? it's effectively a hostage situation, do you blame the police when the hostage taker kills hostages?
not me but I see that a lot of time : "They should have attacked quicker" or "they failed to protect the citizens", something like that.

Quote:
You're vastly underestimating the logistical and medical capability of a modern industrialized nation. If Japan cannot manage the transportation of merely 10k people in a non-disaster situation, they've got way bigger problems.
If you say so. As for where I live, I know that, if it was needed to move in only 2 hours 10k people, it would be chaos ! And furthermore, there would be not enough bed in the hospital for taking in 10k people in addition to the others sick peoples !

Quote:
?

and what is "an employe of the society"?
Sorry, I meant someone who work in the company who made the game (thanks for reminding me his name btw).
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote