View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 02:02   Link #33
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Here's a comparison/contrast topic. I'm growing more and more amazed at just how ignorant some people have been regarding Accel World since SAO aired in their mad rush to proclaim the later the second coming of Jesus. One would think that SAO being popular would encourage people to actually check out Accel World a little more, but it seems like I kind of expected it's basically had the opposite effect and caused people to proclaim it as more or less obsolete. It really is a shame as it really strikes pretty much the same notes with me that SAO did in it's first episode of "wow this has the potential to be really interesting and go places with it's concept". Guess some people really just can't get past the fact that the main character is short and fat and has a lot of attractive girls surrounding him.

I really do seriously wonder if it was SAO that had the fat character and AW the one with the average build if the situation wouldn't be reversed.
That would be the most superficial reason to proclaim SAO as the better of the two. The community's dismissal of Haruyuki because of his design has thus far been exceedingly childish. What I would say is that with its death game and MMO premise, SAO opens itself up to a far more interesting line of storytelling that holds much more potential than Accel World's techy take on the high school battle fantasy genre. I enjoy both series, but there is no doubt that SAO's story has been much more entertaining than Accel World IMO

Yet, I don't think I can deny the possibility that if kirito's and haruyuki's positions were switched, the situation might reverse to some extent.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote