View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 22:09   Link #38
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
How would they remove the battery without setting off the alarms in the device? I mean Kayaba did design the things. Isn't it possible that he originally had a ton of safeguards / failsafes / other things in them that the people testing them had no idea about. So when they tested them every way possible they never found any potential problems but then installing SAO set off a change in the machine to turn off all of them, thus making them deadly? Well that's always what I assumed happened.
Like I said before, for a mass produced items like the helmet there would be design files out of Kayaba's control and the rescuers would have access to them. Hence the only plausible booby traps would be in software assuming Kayaba did not submit any of the source codes to outsiders. Since usually large software projects have source management repositories (SVN and what not).

And when it comes to testing unless you know to test for something you don't really test for them. Especially when the dude changed things after the beta.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote