View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 05:48   Link #34
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Do SOA have classes, or is this a Classless game where only stats distribution and innate combat ability determines power?

What about Non-combat skills? Is skilling a viable route in SOA, and if so, what skills are there?
SOA don't have classes. Your chosen skills determine your combat ability

Naming Skills from the top of my head:

1 Handed Straight Sword
Curved Sword
Maces
Lances
Dagger
Bow
Shield
Polearms
Axes
Throwing Weapon
Katana
Rapier
2 Hander Blade
Unarmed Fighting
Battle Continuation (Basically a hp regen. it's slow, but better than nothing. Super high lvl skill. Acquire by taking a LOT of damage throughout your gameplay)
Hiding
Detection
Trap Removal
Blacksmithing
Sewing
Fishing
Cooking
Appraisal

and that's the one I can remember without thinking too hard.

You level up these skill by doing them. Using a sword skill or generally attacking an enemy with a weapon will lvl up that weapon skill level.

Some of the skills have hidden parameters to be unlocked. For example, Katana is an offset from curved sword. But the thing is, it's a bit random(?) as not everyone who leveled their Curved Sword will unlock Katana. That is called an extra skill.
Kirito mentioned only about 10 people unlocked Katana for their skill set.

There's also something called an unique skill... but that's a bit too early to discuss atm.

So by levelling these skills, and putting stats points in the right status, you build your own character. Either as Dps or Tank or in between. Kirito is a full blown DPS by the way. I think his build is mostly str and a generous dex also and enough in const.

Last edited by maelstormCaT; 2012-07-09 at 06:01.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote