Thread: Tsukihime
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-26, 04:00   Link #23
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
A funny thought just popped into my head just now.

I wonder if game companies also try to license the "Visual Novel" formats for the series (F/SN, Tsukihime) like what they did with the Anime versions...

*Prays to God that Mirror Moon would be a success and that fans from all over the world would have a perpetual holiday once the English translation's finished*
There already are companies who do that, but the general trend for translated visual novels is that they are usually: old, short, light on story/plot, heavy on ero/H scenes. The truly valuable games like Tsukihime, Fate/stay night, CLANNAD, etc. feature long (you could even say epic) stories that are incredibly deep and complex, with ero/H scenes at a minimal. In the western countries, people buy these translated games with the thought of "hentai games" in mind, which means that's their only selling point. So there is no point for companies to seek out games that costs more to license and takes 100 times longer to translate (sounds about right) when they can achieve the similiar/same sales with mediocre crap eroges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Why translate now, when TYPE-MOON is currently re-making "Tsukihime" complete with Sacchin's (Yumiduka Satsuki's) ending? I think it would be better to wait until they re-release the complete version.
They are? BUT WHAT WILL THE COMMUNITY EVER DO IF EVEN THE "TRAGIC HEROINE SACCHIN" GAG IS GONE TOO?
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote