View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 01:22   Link #13
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
But in other hand MLA world isn`t advanced in other aspects - you remember how Meya was shocked by GameBoy and not in 1983 but 18 yers later?

That was Ayamine not Meiya :P, plus it is shown that in the Unlimited/Alternative world, they concentrated all scientific study to find ways of improving there military tech and finding new ways of countering BETA. Due to the imminent BETA threat they didn't really had much to spare on entertainment. "Our" world since its not menaced by anything had no problem and no constraints in developing entertainment tech, but for the Unlimited/Alternative world that was a luxury they couldn't afford and except for entertainment they are more evolved technology wise then us in every aspect.

Quote:
But when I look at DDR that Uchida Hiroki pictured, I mostly see familiar things: Mpi-K, HSV mashineguns, shtrichtarn and shining long boots. And of course ridiculous informants counts from Viki, that Uchida retells us. No, this isn`t different world - this is good old 1983 with BETA, TSF and teh Drama and historical corrections could help young people to not forget that MLA based on real world and thanks to that is great.
So I think
Now contrary to what i just said that i agree with you completely since history can be neglected and its nice to point out real events and facts using such a novel, the only thing was that it felt out of place for me was saying that the novel is wrong, imho it would be probably sound better just to make a note without saying that the novel is wrong just saying how the actual facts are.

Now i hope i don't sound like someone criticizing or complaining about the groups work, i loved it, enjoyed it and i'm really grateful for it, i just wanted to comment on that part since it felt a bit strange for me.

Quote:
Now we are trying to translate short 2-page story "Manipulated victory" from Tactical Surface Fighter in Action (TSF figures promotion collection) - Mister V into English and me into Russian. The story is short but full of fort-class BETA, Mig-23 Cheburashka (I can`t understand why this plane has so strange name in MLA world, because Чебурашка is a cute little unknown to science animal with big ears, from child`s cartoon and we call this name not Mig-23 but american A-10 that have two divided turbo-jets on his sides), and last but not the least - major Beatrix Brehmer, femme fatale from Stasi. She`s so stern that all masochist can`t wait when she`ll appear and punish them.
Nice wish you good luck with it XD, looks like something to look forward to XD.