View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 12:44   Link #12
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
The only thing that felt kind of out of place was the comments regarding the things which where supposedly historically not correct according to our world and the need compare the world in muv-luv alternative/unlimited with ours saying that it was wrong in their perspective.
In one aspect I agree and want to add that in MLA world not Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked but some German sities (Berlin I suppose? Or may be Dresden?)
Quote:
(like political systems, tech advancements (in that world they where already more advanced then us in quite a lot of fields since they probed mars by the year 1958) and there are other differences)
But in other hand MLA world isn`t advanced in other aspects - you remember how Meya was shocked by GameBoy and not in 1983 but 18 yers later?

Quote:
so to compare there way of being with ours and call it historical not correct since it is a different world where talking about feels kind of wrong.
But when I look at DDR that Uchida Hiroki pictured, I mostly see familiar things: Mpi-K, HSV mashineguns, shtrichtarn and shining long boots. And of course ridiculous informants counts from Viki, that Uchida retells us. No, this isn`t different world - this is good old 1983 with BETA, TSF and teh Drama and historical corrections could help young people to not forget that MLA based on real world and thanks to that is great.
So I think

Quote:
Are you going to translate something else until you get the raws or will you wait?
Now we are trying to translate short 2-page story "Manipulated victory" from Tactical Surface Fighter in Action (TSF figures promotion collection) - Mister V into English and me into Russian. The story is short but full of fort-class BETA, Mig-23 Cheburashka (I can`t understand why this plane has so strange name in MLA world, because Чебурашка is a cute little unknown to science animal with big ears, from child`s cartoon and we call this name not Mig-23 but american A-10 that have two divided turbo-jets on his sides), and last but not the least - major Beatrix Brehmer, femme fatale from Stasi. She`s so stern that all masochist can`t wait when she`ll appear and punish them.

Last edited by Timsel; 2012-05-13 at 07:30.
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote