View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 14:10   Link #75
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Well, actually, you should look at it from their perspective. Young Lucy was stuck inside the carriage the whole time, so she really did not see all the action and scenary outside. The only time that impacted her was when she walked out and saw the Fairy Tail Guild at a distance.

Present day Lucy was able to see all the action, but as soon as it stopped, the "villagers" came. She was too panicked and ran away at that point, so she did not get to see the same scenary that young Lucy saw.

Hence, since they both have different experiences with what they saw, it could be feasible that they would not recollect the same moment.
I mean we're just arguing what if's at this point, but honestly, if you were baby lucy, wouldn't you always remember that mysterious girl with that pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand? This isn't a memory that you just forget, it's something you think about and think about until you get old enough to finally be able to join Fairy Tail. Not to mention, why didn't Lucy even bother to look for the mysterious girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo once she got into FT?

All I'm saying is the reason you have this problem is because this was all an afterthought by the author, it wasn't incorporated into the beginning. As a result, this scene seems a bit ridiculous to me, or hard to believe that this was one of the deciding factors for Lucy to join the guild. If the author had originally planned to have a time-travel back experience, then the author would've included scenes in the beginning of the series hinting towards Lucy's reason for joining FT in the beginning --> I.e. - to find that mysterious "onee-san" who saved her/ the girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand, etc. And then when we finally got this OVA, it would all make more sense and be more believable.