View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 17:07   Link #55
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Well, Natsu can only be heard Natsu for the first ten seconds. He sounds pretty much exactly like Ling Yao. There's also a snippet of Lucy, and she sounds pretty solid, but I can't put it in better words. The rest is a narration by R Bruce Elliott (who plays Makarov) hyping up how awesome and rowdy the characters are, and all the other sound effects are muffled by his speaking. But there is one instance towards the end where one can hear Natsu screaming "WING ATTAAACK!!!" in a fashion that won over a LOT of listeners.

In other words, it feels right.

Spoiler for A quote I liked:
Totally agree, and having now seen the full first episode on Funi's site I really enjoyed the dub cast and the way they sound as well as the small taste of how a few of them sound together playing off each off each other and their comedic timing/vocal comedic sounds so I can already picture some of the smoothing out that's going to happen as they really get into it and the rest of the main cast is introduced and as usual as they get more familiar with the characters and regularly playing off each other's voices, so I think there's a lot of potential here for a pretty fantastic and fun dub. And as Ryus also said, you can already hear some of the nice tweaking in "real time" as the episode goes along.

Can't wait to hear Erza around ep 4 (Hawkeye's VA should be so perfect), and Gray and a bunch of the Fairy Tail members next time.

Unrelated but this show still has such a fantastic soundtrack, the BGMs are sooo good

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-10-02 at 17:52.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote