View Single Post
Old 2011-04-26, 19:47   Link #3
marvelB

^Yeah, it's sad that Jojo isn't that well-known in the west (not to say it hasn't had some recognition outside of Japan, though.... I mean, Araki even had the honor of contributing some of his work to the Louvre after all ). Still, even if the rest of the parts were localized to English, they're guaranteed to undergo heavy edits (mainly as far as Stand names are concerned, but there may also be art edits like the dog being changed to a rat during the Death 13 fight as well).....

I also very highly doubt that a decent anime adaption of any Jojo saga past part 3 is possible (and considering how much the Phantom Blood movie bombed, it doesn't look like pre-part 3 adaptions would work, either). While there are several awesome moments that would certainly look awesome animated, much of the series' content is so darned obtuse that I don't think it would flow very well in animated form. However, I'm all for seeing another Jojo videogame being made (there should totally be one for SBR now that the series is over)!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote