View Single Post
Old 2010-05-26, 17:45   Link #548
Clayton
Antihero

Watched Negima this weekend and I have to say I'm 50-50 on this one, mostly because it could have been so much better.

Stuff I liked

1. The individual stories where they focused on one girl at a time

2. The basic plot. Young wizard/genius to teach at an all girls school

3. The one confirmed yuri relationship and the implied one between the two martial artists

4. The Cutey Honey joke in episode 26 (Laughed and laughed)

My main complaints are

1. The main character's voice actor thinks a 10 year old kid sounds like a 14 year old who has been kicked in the nuts.

2. They overloaded the class, giving 30+ students plus a bunch of highschool kids, meaning that in the 26 episodes they never got around to it.

3. They kept trying to work in an underlying plot involving a demonic pacts, anti-magic, and death, but kept forgetting the details (like is magic doesn't work on the one girl, why do Negi's spells?)and in the end they tried to compress a whole time travel thing into 2 or 3 episodes. Yikes. Plus they ended up erasing from history some important moments.

4. Apparently everyone in the girls' school who isn't actively gay wants to bang either a 50 year old man or a 10 year old kid. Fine in moderation, but...

Ways I'd fix it (Cause complaining without a plan is just whining)

1. Skip the "demon pact stuff" and just make each episode about a different girl and end the season with the bit they did about making the Baka rangers study so Negi can stay. Maybe let each girl find out about him being a wizard in their own ways.

2. More yuri relationships

3. Better voice actress for Negi