View Single Post
Old 2010-04-04, 12:39   Link #86
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus
No disagreements Attorney on the voice actors, Lawrence worked fine, but Brina's Holo wasn't quite as 'full' in term of emotion vocally as Ami Koshimizu's version, it seemed like she focused more on certain elements of the personality, which is a shame as I loved Brina's Maho in Beck (and her singing voice is pretty decent). That said its not the worst dub ever, and hopefully with the second season, the voice acting will improve as the actors know the characters a little better now.

I doubt they'll make the edit to 12 because of the money, but I think it was pretty certain they kissed even if the animation wasn't good. The tenuous, finger-intertwined handhold was too close after that section for it to have been anything else, given Lawrences reasonable reserved nature
I think y'all are right. While I loved the maturity of her voice at times... the Oiran dialect just didn't carry over... as well it really can't. That being said, I did miss the extreme playful, flirty inflection Ami threw into Hol(r)o that was integral to the Oiran. I just melt when I hear her Hol(r)o. If she asked me anything using that dialect and voice, I wouldn't be able to turn her down.

Oh and no doubt... that was definitely a kiss. The gentle hand hold, Lawrence's half embrace pulling Hol(r)o toward him, Hol(r)o's change in expression (note the widening of her eyes... as well as their trembling)... Lawrence totally caught her off guard, yet she was able to (for a few seconds) hide her joy. A kiss it was... lucky, lucky man!