View Single Post
Old 2010-03-19, 01:26   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I confess, this is the first time I've heard of this paradox, but interestingly enough it sort of fits. If you look at it like this,

"The being can either create a stone which it cannot lift, or it cannot create a stone which it cannot lift. If the being can create a stone that it cannot lift, then it seems that it can cease to be omnipotent. If the being cannot create a stone which it cannot lift, then it seems it is already not omnipotent."

Either way, the 'stone' destroyed the illusion of Omnipotence, or that it's proof of the existence of something that was once Omnipotent. This really fits into the contexts of the toaruverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Added the word, "technologies" in the thread title. Go nuts!
At this rate, you might as well include magic.

I know I know, some of you guys are about to complain, but the magic in toaruverse is not the same as just pull stuff out of your arse. Alot of background information comes from real-life historical individuals, events, and artifacts... Just added a little storywritting twist. Many of these are quite fascinating to read about. So yes, you can think about it as a history and literature lesson, in addition to math and science.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-03-19 at 01:49.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote