View Single Post
Old 2010-02-23, 12:36   Link #21
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanishingBook View Post
^ - Nah no rumors for me I watched some clips and read wikipedia. So In my opinion Shinkenger's Kagemusha plot didn't get to me. I think the series was very poorly handled. We did get to see a first in history female Red Senshi... and then samurai... but then again I didn't like the idea of the whole samurai culture being sentai. Samurais are really disciplined and very strict and yeah we could go to the history books about feudal Japan.

I was thinking that the point of the show is to introduce samurai culture to the kids, which it seems to be barely visible in today's Japan. It didn't work. If I could go back in time to redo Shinkenger I'd put some more "GENKI" into it. And well it may seem opposite to the whole disciplined samurai thing, but it's what gets the kids to enjoy sentai. There can be some adjustments too, so as a whole, a sentai show with samurais and a "GENKI" theme is a unique take.
I see. I myself usually reject "GENKI," which was why I didn't like Go-onger. My criticism of Shinkenger would be plotlines and secondary character development that don't go anywhere.

Quote:
And I'm happy Goseiger is enjoyable (from the looks of episode 1).

(Can you tell me more about how Ohranger's became crappy? Sarin attacks, gasp~ I thought I'd never hear it again... AUM SHINRIKYO... >.< Onore!)
Due to its poor reviews and the lack of subs, I've only seen bits of it, such as the horrible scene I mentioned earlier. Other fans and reviews have mentioned wild fluctuations between seriousness and wackiness after episode 8, as if the writers suddenly had to scrap plans and re-write.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote