View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 21:54   Link #41
NingenNoNakuKoroNi

Higurashi original sound novel download trouble

Can anyone help me? I have a PC that runs on Windows Vista and recently purchased a copy of the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni sound novel by 07th Expansion, but am experiencing extreme difficulty in getting it to download onto my computer. Though I can type and see Japanese text on the web as well as in other programs, my computer can't read the text of the startup menu and either shows me nonsensical symbols or question marks. Furthermore, if I attempt to follow the steps to download the game onto my computer, the loading bar never moves. I am merely shown a small window with E:YfullsrcYRead???.txt -> C:YProgramFilesY07th_ExpansionYhigurashi4YRead???. txt and an empty bar (all Y represent the Japanese yen symbol). Eventually, the disc stops spinning and no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. Understanding that this game predates Vista, I tried switching the compatability of the .exe file to XP, then Me, then 98 and 95, all with the same result of nothing. Looking at the back of the case, the game should be compatible with all those operating systems. So what am I doing wrong here? Why does my game refuse to download? From what I can see, it should be working...
NingenNoNakuKoroNi is offline   Reply With Quote