Thread: Licensed Vinland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 10:28   Link #94
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
you would think his uncle would have enough money to buy him back. maybe he thought that he going far away from the prince/king would be good for him. With that prince as the king i can see how the vikings lost control of England.
The historical Knut was the last of the great and successful Viking kings*. With that prince as the King I can see how the Vikings of his era ruled the Northern Seas.

Plus, did you somehow miss the whole character development of his that's been driving the plot for the past few volumes? How the naive pretty little boy was roused to curse God and declare his intention to rule?

*The last of the great but not so successful Viking kings would be Harald Hardrada of Norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial13
damn, the last 2 chapters were boring as hell, hate it when 1 chapter a month manga become this boring, have to wait a year or more for them to become good again ><
That's called good storytelling. Not every action manga can make every chapter one action-packed gorefest after another. In fact, if they do so, the story probably suffers*. Vinland Saga taking time to rebuild the tension after a thrilling climax is in fact a demonstration of what good epics do.

Come back in a few months or something.

*I make one, and only one, exception to this: The Ravages of Time, because it's something of a highly theatrical rendition of the legendary Three Kingdoms story.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote