View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 04:44   Link #55
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Sometimes I wonder if using a joypad for PC games is considered an eresy or something. As for me, except for those games that are meant to be controlled via mouse, I always used a joypad since the 486 era. FFXI is meant to be played with a joypad, yeah the keyboard setting isn't optimal, but complaining about it it's like complaining that the PS2 version was hard to enjoy if you didn't buy a keyboard to chat.
I thought the same thing. The wired 360 controller was pretty good though. Personally I didn't like FFXI, since the whole controlls, animation where all woody. No pvp kills any mmo in my eyes, but if SE learns from their mistakes, even without PvP I'll be very interested. Since I'm playing pvp mmo's most of the time a pve mmo might be nice for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
I'm a bit dissapointed by FFXIV. To me, it looks like an upgraded FFXI... with better graphics (obviously) and perhaps... different gameplay.

I was hoping that for their next venture online, they would go for a more futuristic sci-fi look. Esthar of FFVIII, Midgar of FFVII, Cocoon of FFXIII... imagine being in a world with cities like that, but ONLINE !

Futuristic weapons (Gun-Blade, Laser Sword, Buster Sword, Rifles, Laser Rifles, etc...) mixed with ether magic (yeah I know, ether is more like Xenosaga).

Imagine the concept of FFVIII (but without it's gameplay) in an ONLINE world. You can choose to be a SeeD mercenary for a specific Garden, an Esthar or Galbadian soldier... or a freelance mercenary. I could elaborate more, but it would take me pages.
Couldn't agree more, it's pretty dumb move on SE's part, you'd really have 2 games living next together rather then making an upgrade.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote