View Single Post
Old 2009-06-03, 12:10   Link #8
Knight Hawk
Lurker

The official site opened up yesterday. High quality video with a beautiful background image by Kazuya Takahashi Around the FFXI community there is speculation that the demon kid at the far left is a new playable race. Also notice the male mithra? Manthra's finally. ( ゚д゚) ・・・ Lastly, Nobuo Uematsu!

Activated my old account last night after my nerdgasm died down a bit. Already bunch of us on Alexander are sticking together when FFXIV is released. Soo~ happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
I really hope FFXIV is a lot more accessible than FFXI.

FFXI had good concepts but it was ultimately a very hard game for more casual people like me. I remember leveling down in that game, after being killed my a monster "too weak to be worthwhile". Waiting for a thousand years for a party because I didn't have a "useful" job.

I would prefer if they took a more WoW approach, but with their own spice. Make it a little bit more action oriented. More monster hunter-ish.
FFXI has been updated to be a bit more friendlier to "casuals" These are some of the updates.

- Level Sync: High level players can join up with low levels.
- Signets: Has been buffed that you can solo bit more easily.
- Quests: Collect/Kill x amount of.

I'm sure SE learned some of there mistakes on FFXI.