View Single Post
Old 2009-05-12, 08:39   Link #34
sirn
田舎者言うな

For the story, it's as Andrew Cunningham's write up. The plot and settings sounds like generic light novel with a lot fo filler conversations, but in the end those meaningless conversations ended up being served as story foreshadowing. Sometimes it even feels like everything in the whole chapter, conversations, narration, action or whatsoever exists for the very one line at the end.

I won't go as far as saying "SHAFT won't fuck around with it" because it's SHAFT and everyone knows they'll manage to betray the expectations in some way or another, especially when Shinbo said in his Charamel column that:

Quote:
My challenge is how far will we follow the usual visual methodology, and how far will we tear them down. I have this feeling that nowadays manga are a bit hard to read but for people of this generation, they may not feel like that. [...] A kind [methodology] that you can tell this work is originated from light novels.
…and in the latest volume of NewType Magazine:

Quote:
The reason we've asked Tatsuya Oishi to be the series director this time because his typographic skills will have to play a big part to the series. His sense towards typography isn't something you could normally see in the anime, if we apply that to the light novel-based anime, what would come out as a result?
Looks like it's a big bet between "hit" or "fail" to me. They'll still playing around as usual, but in directional sense, which I hope we can expect something new especially when Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, that Bakemonogatari could based the directional style off, is aired in the same season.

Well, I think we can put expectations on it… at least Nisio Isin who says the series is not suitable for an anime adaption seems to be pleased with the storyboard when the production staffs showed it to him. They even tried to recruit good animators purposely to work on the series.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote