View Single Post
Old 2009-03-24, 11:53   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
"Oh I am in a series thread! Look a spoiler, and some wierd talk before it... it must be a wallpaper!", who's fault is it here, obviously not yours since "some people use it for images", you just taught it was a image since "it was not properly labeled", like the context and fact it has "Spoiler" writen on it is not enough, even though that was the natural order of things.
You completely missed entirely the point of what I was saying, thus proving that people don't understand the subtlety of varying degrees of severity in spoilers, and validating the standing policy's approach. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Why not re-think the spoiler tag, since it needing constant fixing (as well as aparently not being a spoiler unless labeled) is obviously not a acceptable solution. I saw it done on other boards where they do no collapse the content, like that you can always take a guess at what they are about to say and nobody will bother to use it as a toggle-hide tag anymore. This would take a minor tweak to the current system, and would save us from a lot of drama; you can also remove the non-label version from the system if you do not want un-labeled spoilers.
No, I personally think the current implementation is the best spoiler system I've seen on any forum I've visited, as long as people use it correctly. What would "save us from a lot of drama" is if people would follow the stated rules and label their spoiler tags correctly. There may be other ways of doing it, but the current solution is still completely acceptable.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote